Professor of Global Health, The Norwegian University for Science and Technology, Trondheim
Keynote talk title
Health challenges in a society in transition. The inequality (between regions and genders) is increasing in Northern Scandinavia and the Russian Federation
• MD 1980. Specialist Obstetrics and Gynecology 1990. PhD University of Tromso 2000.
• Professor of International Health, Faculty of Health Sciences and Department of Community Medicine, UiT, The Arctic University of Norway, Tromsø (2007 – 2018)
• Professor of Global Health, Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, The Norwegian University for Science and Technology, Trondheim (2018—).
• Visiting professor, Department of Public Health, University of Pretoria, South Africa (2013–)
• Visiting professor, College of Medicine, University of Malawi (2013-)
• Key National Expert, Sustainable Development Working Group, Arctic Council (2010-2016)
• President of the Norwegian Forum for Global Health Research (2009– 2011)
• Chair of AMAP Human Health Assessment Group (2009 –).
• President, International Union of Circumpolar Health (2012-2015).
• Appr. 180 peer reviewed papers in international journals.
• Co-editor, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
• Main scientific interests: environmental epidemiology, registry epidemiology, global differences in human health, obstetrics, gynecology, and teenager health in developing countries.